芋头扣肉 Taro stew with pork belly
big Yam/taro, sliced into piece
1 big size
shallots - chopped
seasoning: oyster sauce
Oil for deep frying
five spice powder
1 to 2 tbsp
dark soy sauce
Chinese cooking wine
11. Place pork belly skin downward into boiling water and cook for 30 to 30 minutes, dish up and clean , use a fork to prick some holes in the skin.
22. Deep fry taro piece till golden, set aside.
33. Rub some soy sauce and some five spice powder all over pork belly, with pork belly skin downwards in hot oil fry until skin golden. Dish up and soak into water with pork skin down. cool, cut into thick slices.
44. Heat wok with one spoon of oil, fry garlic and shallot until fragrant,add in all seasoning and bring to boil. Dish and set aside
55.Coat Yam and pork belly with 1/2 of the sauce.
66. Arrange taro and pork belly alternately into a bowl. Pour sauce ( another 1/2 ) over it.
77. Steam with medium heat for 2 to 3 hours or until the pork are tender.
88. Invert bowl over onto plate, serve.
Remarks: You can also pour the sauce into a pan and bring to boil, thicken with cornstarch water and pour over the pork belly. serve.